Inscrit le: 09 Avr 2016
Moyenne de points: 1,00
|Posté le: Mar 20 Juin - 07:37 (2017) Sujet du message: Dhatupatha Of Panini: Accented Roots With English Meanings
The Dhatupatha of Panini gives 1943 dhatus. These are the building blocks of Sanskrit, known as the Roots of the Language.
This book gives all the 1943 roots with Accents. The Anudata, Udata and Svarita accent on a dhatu is usually not available in printed dhatupathas, so this book is a welcome addition for the Sanskrit enthusiast.
Each Root is given the classifications of:
- Set, Anit, Vet,
- the iii/1 Verb rupa for Present Tense Active Voice is listed for each Root.
In addition, there are the following sections to make the book useful:
- A short Dhatu Identity (to quickly look up the relevant details of any Root),
- A possible English Meaning for each Root,
- Dhatupatha as used for Chanting/Memorization.
There are two indexes that do a complete job of locating any Root:
- Alphabetical Index on original dhatus as in Dhatupatha of Panini with its tag letters,
- Standard Alphabetical Index on dhatus ready to be derived to Verbs stripped of its tag letters.
Well written Appendices containing the Maheshwar Sutras, the Devanagari Alphabet, and about Panini make this book a sought for edition by the Academician or the Scholar.